Crocs Inc. has selected the Demandware eCommerce Platform as the foundation upon which to grow its global online business. Demandware will provide the company with a scalable ecommerce platform that provides complete brand control and will enable its plans to launch new sites in international markets over the next two to three years.
"Demandware's business model is very attractive in this current global economy, when large-scale capital infrastructure projects are increasingly difficult to justify. Its on-demand delivery and pricing model makes it cost-effective for companies like Crocs to continue to drive ecommerce projects forward, setting us up for long-term success," said Chris Ladd, Crocs' vice president of global ecommerce.
Demandware will provide Crocs with key capabilities including:
- Ability to develop multiple sites quickly from a common architecture
- Extensive expertise launching ecommerce sites internationally
- Full in-house control over merchandising promotions, catalog, pricing and all other aspects of the online shopping experience to easily customize sites per region or product line
- Seamless, automatic upgrades to continually leverage new merchandising functionality for site innovation
- Support for multiple languages, currencies and payment types
- Integration with various payment and backend systems
- On-demand model that eliminates the need to invest and maintain costly geographically dispersed IT infrastructure
for more information: www.demandware.com